Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Oriental in Me

Happy New Year Everyone! 
Anyways, I just saw the Chanel Bombay-Paris Collection. And I have to say that I completely love the makeup on the models! The Indian on me kicked in when I saw the makeup on the models. I always wear really dark eye makeup - completely oriental. More than the makeup, I adore the head accessories! They are just so sexy and sophisticated. Wish I could get a hold of this one...
Image via Vogue India
This head piece is called maang tikka. I don't know what it would be called in English. Failure as an English major. I have a few maang tikkas and I'll try to create a similar look but I doubt I can pull off dreadlocks.
You can read more about the collection here and here
Henna 

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is damn cool
    and im following it now
    hope you can do the same for mine..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a great pickup and I must say I'm very impressed by your blog too. I hope we can see pics of you with a new type of tika too

    ReplyDelete